Looking for September Community Events? Here’s a Quick List.
September ushers in the harvest season. I can already feel the days getting shorter. Firstly, the length of daylight and the strength of the sun is decreasing. Also, local harvest vegetables are in ample supply. There are many September community events.
Fall is a hugely popular time for outdoor events and community festivals of all kinds. Gathering community is an act of love. The harvest time is a popular time to gather. Kids love the festivals too!
In this post, I am listing a selection of local September community events for you to explore. Lastly, each local area in WNY has their own fall festivals. Check with your local community for more. Also, consider your local library for fall events.
If you are expecting a fall baby, then there are so many activities for you to take advantage of. Your birth doula can suggest some great local fall classes. There are many activities locally to support you.
Fall Events in Western New York
Saturday, September 21st
Reinstein Woods Fall Festival – 10am-4pm, Reinstein Woods Nature Preserve, 93 Honorine Drive, Depew, NY 14043
- Celebrate “Water” with a full day of nature themed fun for the whole family! There will be science demonstrations. Hands on activities and explorations for kids will be held. Local musicians are scheduled to perform for families. Also, the nature preserve is simply a beautiful place to explore.
Tuesday, September 24th
Fall Homeschool Day – 10am-1pm, Penn Dixie Fossil Park, 4050 North Street, Blasdell, NY 14219
- In this hands-on program, participants will learn the geological history of WNY. Firstly, this program includes an educational tour. Secondly, there is a guided lesson and fossil collection. Also, this a great opportunity to explore the nature preserve.
Saturday, September 28th
AppleUmpkin Festival – 10am-5pm, 1 Main Street, Wyoming, NY, 14591
- A fall arts and crafts festival in the gaslight village of Wyoming, NY. Also, this is a great opportunity to catch some area history.
Saturday, October 5th
The Fall Festival and Agricultural Fair – 10am-4pm, Genesee Country Village and Museum, 1410 Flint Hill Rd., Mumford, NY, 14511
- Celebrate the Village in the harvest foliage! Firstly, there will be vendors and food. And there will be livestock shows and kitchen demonstrations. Also, this is a beautiful opportunity to explore the history of the region.
Saturday – Sunday October 12th-13th
Ellicottville Fall Festival – 10am-5pm, 9 W. Washington Street, Ellicottville, NY, 14731
- Celebrate the beautiful fall foliage with fine arts, food, arts and crafts, music, and more! Firstly, Ellicottville is a beautiful town in the hills of WNY. Fall foliage will be abundant and fall foods plentiful. Secondly, this festival is packed with local artists. Also, it’s a beautiful walk for families through the village space.