Mindful Mama offers birth doula services in Buffalo, Batavia, and Rochester areas.
As a birth doula, I work to instill strength and reduce fear in pregnancy and birth. I’m with you in your journey through pregnancy, birth, and postpartum. I provide information to help you ask questions and make informed decisions for your birth. I support clients with doula services in Buffalo & Rochester area hospitals, birth centers, and home births.
Birth doula services include:
- An initial consultation/interview to get to know each other
- Two prenatal visits to discuss birth planning, preparation, and answer any questions you may have
- Childbirth education with the latest information to support you in the process of planning your birth
- Support via phone/email/text
- 24-hour on-call support starting at 37 weeks
- Continuous support during labor and birth
- Infant feeding support
- A postpartum visit in your home
- Access to local resources to support you in pregnancy, birth, and postpartum
- Client resource bundle
Contact Mindful Mama to schedule a consultation!
Research and Information Supporting the Effectiveness of Doula Support
Evidence Based Birth: People who received doula support were more likely to have vaginal births. They were less likely to use pain medication and epidurals. They were also more likely to have a positive birth experience. According to this study, labors with doula support were shorter and babies were healthier at birth.
DONA Research: Doula support may improve outcomes for women and infants. It also increases the rates of vaginal birth and shortens labor. People who use a doula are more likely to have positive birth experiences. Doula support results in healthier babies at birth.
NCBI: Women who use a doula are less likely to have a cesarean.